26 Dec 2008

Ban the Christmas cracker!

Coming from Holland I am not used to the Christmas cracker but apparantly it's common use here in Australia to have heaps of those weird things around during the festive season.

The thing is that they only produce waste and very little fun, it might be my Dutch upbringing, but I really can't see the fun of pulling these rediculous things who hardly ever make a popping sound. A colored paper hat and a plastic trinket falls out which almost immediately is discarded to the waste bin together with the wrappings...

Can someone please explain?

2 comments:

  1. I can't explain it at all! I agree with you - there's nothing fun about this bundle of cardboard and plastic. But my mum and mother-in-law think they're an essential part of every Christmas gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old habits are very difficult to cut loose... :(

    ReplyDelete