8 Feb 2010

Visiting the Sydney Green Drinks

Last week I was in Sydney for the Furniture Fair and I finally could visit another Green Drinks! I am organising the Perth Green Drinks since 2007 but have never been to one somewhere else so I took my chance in Sydney last Tuesday. Every first Tuesday of the month they have a Green Drinks in cafe The Falconer on Oxford Street, since last year, organised by 8 members! They call themselves Greenups and have a big banner in front of the door and they organise different things according to Liane, one of the organisers. Only last week was a normal network event, so just chatting to who-ever you meet there. I stayed for over an hour in the narrow cafe which was full and pretty hot and humid. I couldn't understand a word of what people said because of the noise level (and being second language English...) So I'd spend a while in the relative cool door opening talking to newbies who came for the first time and didn't dare to go in all the way. Met some nice people.

No comments:

Post a Comment