27 Apr 2011

Will sustainability become mainstream in Western Australia?

Western Australia has recently joined a global network that promotes sustainability through education.

Creating a WA-based Regional Centre of Expertise (RCE) was the brainchild of Winthrop Professor and Dean of Sciences at UWA Tony O'Donnell.

"It's not about being green. I think we have to get away from that whole idea that this is for people who want an alternative lifestyle, I think we all have to learn to live sustainably," he said.

"I don't want to give up my car - I enjoy the lifestyle that I have, but I'm willing to make an effort and I think many, many people are willing to make an effort to do what they can to extend those resources, recycle, use them in a different way.
Read article

No comments:

Post a Comment