31 Mar 2010

Taking flight with Li Edelkoort

Dutch trend forecaster tours Australia, curator, publisher and educator, Li Edelkoort constantly lives in the future. One of the most sought-after trend researchers in the world, Li will present her latest observations and interpretations at seminars in Melbourne and Sydney.

MELBOURNE April 29Storey Hall, RMIT Building 16, 342 Swanston Street.
SYDNEY May 4Museum of Contemporary Art, 149 George Street.
Price: $350 + GST
More info

I went to the seminar of Dutch trend forecaster Milou Ket in February at the furniture fair in Sydney where she showed all new interior trends and what happened at the international markets at the moment. Very inspiring but I, myself, I don't believe in forecasting trends for years ahead as times are changing to rapidly...

Milou was a fascinating woman to meet though, so if you have the chance to go to one of her seminars at the Melbourne or Sydney furniture fair, please do, they are a fraction of the price of Li Edelkoort's seminars. I must admit, I've never met Li, only heard about her, so I can't advise to go or not. But I do know that it's all about selling trend books full with beautiful pictures... which I think it's the fun of making them yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment