7 Apr 2010

Counting stuff

Early March I was counting bicycles in the city of Perth and tonight I was counting Black Cockatoos at Graylands reserve.

The Super Tuesday bicycle count went fine, on my way up to the city I already counted 49 cyclists, and that was before 7am! On my spot; corner of Barrack and Wellington Street, I counted 287 cyclists between 7 and 9am.

But the Great Cocky Count was a bit disappointing... I was there a bit after five to settle myself on one of the benches with paper and pen, ready to count. Waiting for the cockatoo call... And waiting... and waiting. I've seen lots of raven, lorikeets, corellas, magpies and spotted several wattle birds and magpie larks, even a ringneck and I heard several kookaburras up in the trees but not one black cockatoos showed up...
So I went home with an empty sheet...

No comments:

Post a Comment