25 Feb 2013

The joy of wood

Greg Miller is doing his wood workshops again in March.If you are interested in learning hand skills in wood working check here the March workshops

I met Greg when I was teaching one semester at the school of wood in Dwellingup long time a go. Since then he is giving lots of interesting workshops on wood in Perth. He has heaps of hand tools and saw stools and a lot of knowledge on how to use them. And best of all; he recycles all the wood he comes across.

I did a whole weekend of workshops with him a few years ago with the Earthcarers and had heaps of fun making my own cutting board from an old piece of yellow box, spoons and spatulas from old church pews and jarrah floor boards. And a small round side table top with carving from a cupboard door made of some obscure Chinese wood.

After those two days I was sore for another few days using the hand tools and all the muscles I forgot I had, but boy, I had fun!

If you are interested in some old fashioned hand skills or just love to work with wood, I can really recommend to sign up for an evening or day with Greg in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment