19 Aug 2007

Green TV

Having a dull moment at work or just want to see some greenies in other countries (mainly the UK) have a look at Green TV. You can send in your own movies about making the earth a better place.
I had a good time watching the Glastonbury festival with all the people frolicking in the mud. It reminded me of the three days music festival in the Netherlands I went to some years ago. Almost every year it ends in a big mudpool...
Or the piece about how Lush, the cosmetic company, reduce their carbon footprint. I am using Lush products since February this year and must say they are quite alright. The solid shampoo is still going, I bought 100 grams and I still have a few grams left, so it's not only eco friendly but also good value for money! They use natural products, don't test on animals and reduce packaging by not adding water to make products easier to use (you can add the water yourself!!!) It took me a few days to get used to solid shampo and deodorant but now I don't want anything else any more! It saves me not only money but reduces my carbon footprint by not adding a lot of plastic bottles to the bin!

No comments:

Post a Comment