17 Jun 2008

Commuters don't care for sharing cars

I've just come across this article from last week and it's just what I was thinking a few weeks back. As I always have to wait for a long time at the traffic lights to cross Stirling Hwy in Claremont I watch the drivers. Most of the cars are occupied by one person and I was wondering why everyone has such a big car while being alone in it most of the time... The costs are rising and the traffic is getting busier by the day so why not share a ride with collegues or neighbours going the same way?
The advantage of carpooling besides saving a lot of money on petrol and parking fees? Working only the hours you need to work as it is a good excuse to refuse overtime and you might gain some new friendships along the way as well.
But where do you find a carpool mate? The government has a website with information with links where to find carpoolers like Share my Car.

No comments:

Post a Comment