23 Jun 2008

Energy saving light bulbs

We don't have many incandescent light bulbs left in our house as we have been changing to energy saving light bulbs for ages. This weekend the last small spiral bulb broke down and I finally had to go out for energy saving ones as I had used up all small spirals from other table lamps to use in my desk light. It's very hard to find a small spiral energy saving bulb in Perth. Our local supermarket has one, but they are huge, so I went hunting in the city, from the big chains to the smaller but none has what I was looking for and I was stunned to see that for instance Target and Dick Smith hardly had any energy saving bulbs in their shops in the city! We ended up at Ikea as people told us they had them. Only one kind also... I was a bit disappointed but bought them anyway as the ugly 'worm' was covered by a glass cover. But still far to big, the bulb is sticking half way out of the desk light so I am looking into the light which is not very nice to work in....

Does someone know where I can find energy saving bulbs for desk lights with a small spiral which are not huge and still give enough light to work in?

1 comment:

  1. You could try these guys - Lamp Replacements in Balcatta. Probably worth a phone call first.

    ReplyDelete