8 Sept 2010

Earth Carers training

If you are interested in the topics mentioned above I can only recommend to do this training. Earth Carers is giving this training twice a year and I've joined the last one with much pleasure. I met some fantastic people and even though I already know a fair bit, having chooks who eat my scraps and taking care of my compost heap, I won the worms from the demonstration and now I have a thriving worm farm in an old ceramic water filter which I had picked up from the verge earlier this year. So the only waste I have is one little bag of plastic packaging from food.

It's a fun training, very good organised, all local with interesting site visits and you learn a lot. You meet interesting people with whom you can swap seeds, plants, goods etc. Like I swapped the old washing machine drum for a few fertile eggs to put onder my broody bantam. The drum was used to free up a lemon tree in a tiny pot. We had picked up the washing machine from the verge for the kinetic energy as it was a Fisher and Pykel, so we can create our own little wind mill in the garden, a project which is still on the list.
You learn from each other, someone knows everything about herbs, another about soap making and yet another about solar energy. You swap not only goods but also handy ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this info. I've just email them to find out more. Sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only confirm it's interesting. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete