15 Oct 2010

Blog action day: WATER

Blog Action Day 2010: Water from Blog Action Day on Vimeo.

The average person in the USA uses 465 liters of water per day, the average person in Britain uses 155 liters. Find out how much you use.

What am I doing to save water?- I have a water saving shower head and shower less than two minutes.
- I catch the cold water in the shower in a bucket as it takes a while before it's warm. This water goes to water the plants in the garden.
- I catch all the water in the kitchen sink when I was my hands or rinse a cup or the vegetables. This water goes to the plants in the garden.
- The dish washer is fully loaded when we turn it on.
- The washing machine is fully loaded when we turn it on.
- The reticulation is only set on the plants who need the water once a week, not on the lawn. We have quite a big garden.
- I water my vegetables by hand in the early morning or in the evening.
- In winter I am catching rain water in a row of buckets as we don't have a water tank yet.
- I use the dunny outside and only flush when necessary with the water saving button.
- The garden has a lot of trees for shadow and has plenty of natives which don't require that much water.
- I take my own metal water bottle everywhere and fill it up with tap water to drink. You can add lemons and mint for better taste. Or use a water filter.

What do you do to save water?

No comments:

Post a Comment