Find out how much you use.
What am I doing to save water?- I have a water saving shower head and shower less than two minutes.
- I catch the cold water in the shower in a bucket as it takes a while before it's warm. This water goes to water the plants in the garden.
- I catch all the water in the kitchen sink when I was my hands or rinse a cup or the vegetables. This water goes to the plants in the garden.
- The dish washer is fully loaded when we turn it on.
- The washing machine is fully loaded when we turn it on.
- The reticulation is only set on the plants who need the water once a week, not on the lawn. We have quite a big garden.
- I water my vegetables by hand in the early morning or in the evening.
- In winter I am catching rain water in a row of buckets as we don't have a water tank yet.
- I use the dunny outside and only flush when necessary with the water saving button.
- The garden has a lot of trees for shadow and has plenty of natives which don't require that much water.
- I take my own metal water bottle everywhere and fill it up with tap water to drink. You can add lemons and mint for better taste. Or use a water filter.
What do you do to save water?